My Mom and I :)

My Mom and I :)

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sick baby, stressed Mommy

Things suck.  They really do.  
It seems like we have not been able to catch a break, this last year or so. I know things will get better, and I know it takes time, so here I am, waiting patiently.


Olivia cut open her foot a couple days ago, on a transition strip, on our floor.  I was upstairs in the bathroom, getting changed.  I had her downstairs, and had the baby gate up on the bottom step, so she could not try and climb the stairs.  We have done this every day since she learned to crawl.  There was nothing new about it.  My house is clean, there is nothing that she can get in to, or hurt herself with.  Or so I thought.


I was getting changed, and I heard her cry out.  This was the same little cry she would do when she was learning to crawl (backwards) and she would get stuck somewhere.  It wasn't an urgent kind of cry.  So I didn't rush downstairs.  I finished changing, brushed my teeth, tied my hair back.  Went to my son's room and told him that lunch is ready, and to come down stairs.  He should me something on the Xbox 360, and then we headed downstairs.  He saw it first. A big puddle of blood at the bottom of the stairs. He said "what's that ??" and I immediately said "OMG, it's blood ! OMG, where's the baby ??" and started calling out for Livi.  I followed the blood trail, large amounts of blood all over the floor, she had crawled into the kitchen. She was bleeding heavily from her foot.  We tried to stop the blood, but could not, so I put her and my son in the car, and we went to the hospital.  They were able to stop it, and sent us home.


The next day, she gets a high fever.  She was fine in the morning, then she woke up from her nap, and I put her in the highchair so she could have her lunch.  It seriously looked like she had forgotten how to eat. She could not hold her own bottle, she was not interested in drinking. She didn't want her applesauce. She was just super fussy.  After struggling with trying to get her to eat (still not knowing anything was wrong with her), I brought her to the living room to get ready to go out to the grocery store before having to pick up Daniel from school.  She felt warm, so I took her temperature.  She had a fever.  


Things only got worse from there. She got in to see the doctor that afternoon and she said that it could be viral, she doesn't think it is her foot causing it... so we went home.  Livi suffered all night long. She slept for not even 2 hours all night long. Fevered all night. Her highest fever was 102.9 and the lowest I got it to was just over 99.  In the morning she was the same, but not wanting to eat at all. I took her to the hospital because she was getting worse.  Her vitals were taken right away. Her heart rate was 175 and her oxygen level was 92.  Really low. They said it meant her body has an infection somewhere.  Olivia had to have blood taken, medicine given, a pee bag strapped to her in hopes to collect urine for a sample. She would not pee. The blood showed that her white cells are high, which indicate infection. The doctor said that he hopes the urine would show an infection, because if it didn't, then it could be her foot infected, even though it does not look infected.  The nurse had to give her a catheter because she would not urinate.  They were able to test it, and it shows an infection.  I will find out today if it is accurate or not, as they sent away the sample. Olivia screamed and cried for 5 hours straight at the hospital. She did not want me to sit down with her, I had to stand and rock her for 5 hours straight.  Any thing for my baby.


I am dealing with all that. Not to mention everything family related. ughhh, I will update that all later. Lets just say that my family needs help. ugh !


I will update this again later with some pictures of Livi's owie !  I have to get them off of the camera.  And no, I did not take pictures of the blood trail ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment